LUCKNOW, Sep. 5, 2022 (TBINN)
Two people died after a fire broke out at a hotel in Lucknow’s Hazratganj Area today even as rescue teams continued to inspect the premises to check if someone was trapped inside, police said.
Reportedly, the incident took place at Levana Suites on Madan Mohan Malviya Marg in Hazratganj Area of Uttar Pradesh’s capital. According to the hotel owner, there are 30 rooms in the building and 18 were occupied at the time of incident. There were 35 to 40 people and some had left hotel in the Morning, District Magistrate Suryapal Gangwar told The Bharat India. Fire teams are on the job and many people were taken out of the hotel and have been rushed to the hospital, he added.
When asked about the cause of incident, the official said, it may be due to a short-circuit. The exact cause is being ascertained. The hotel owner told us that there is a banquet on the first floor where something happened.
Reports tell that over two dozen people were rushed to Shyama Prasad Mukherjee Hospital. Meanwhile, Uttar Pradesh’s Chief Minister Yogi Adityanath and Defence Minister Rajnath Singh took cognisance of the incident. I came to know about the tragic incident of a fire in a hotel in Lucknow. I have inquired about the situation from the local administration. Relief and rescue operations are on. My office is in constant touch with the local administration. I pray to God for the speedy recovery of those injured in the incident, Rajnath Singh, who is also M.P. from Lucknow, said in a tweet.
Chief Minister of Uttar Pradesh Adityanath reached the hospital and inquired about the health of injured. He also directed the officials concerned to provide best treatment to the injured.
Uttar Pradesh’s Deputy Chief Minister Brajesh Pathak informed that two people lost their lives in the incident, adding that a probe has been ordered into the incident and the guilty will be punished.